Back when you could buy Scholastic Books at school, I purchased "The Shy Stegosaurus". I have been in love with dinosaurs ever since.
I was fortunate to move to Colorado and attend the University of Colorado. So many dinosaurs, so little time. I didn't degree in Paleontology (no money in it), but I took several classes and got pretty good at knowing my dinosaurs.
My relationship with dinosaurs has always been through museums, classrooms, and in the field. I was surprised to hear of "commercial fossil collectors". I discovered an article from 2009 about Samson the T-rex. Samson is one of the three most complete T-rex specimens ever discovered, possessing the most intact skull in existence.
In 2009, he went up for auction but didn't sell. In 2013, a private collector purchased him for $5 million. I'm sad that I will never get to meet Samson.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathonkeats/2013/10/08/montanas-dueling-dinosaurs-to-fetch-up-to-9-million-at-bonhams-auction/
However, I have memorialized him in my Fanatik Era home. Design credits to be posted later.
A proud member of the Second Life Community Devoted to Interior Design, Gardening and Fashion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On the river
CREDITS: Building: :Fanatik Architecture: Cave 8f8 - Falling for You... - Harvest Dusk 8f8 - Falling for You... - Still Orchards 8f8 - ...
-
CREDITS: DRD - BW - Bellweather - Building @Salem, 2026 https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Prism%20Events/64/128/23 DRD Mainstore htt...
-
The Men's Department is one of the coolest ideas in Second Life. Shopping designed for and inspired by Men. The clothes, shoes, and ha...






Hi. Where is the bookcase from?
ReplyDelete