Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Challenging Myself with Color

In my suburban Christmas home from The Domineaux Effect, I tinted the walls in each room to reflect the theme of that space.

I prefer warm, natural, autumny colors and started to decorate, but found myself in the same rut.

Working outside my comfort zone, I thought I would pick a color at random for my bedroom and got the color - purple, plum, violet, mulberry, pansy, thistle, orchid, etc.  This is not a color I would choose to work with, but I gave it my best shot and i'm kinda pleased with how it turned out.

You are welcome to visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Park%20Circle/108/219/28

One interesting item of note:  I wanted a dressing table, but couldn't find one that fit my vision.  I took a $1 L table from Bazar (Good morning set), unlinked it and modified the size, then added Wrought Iron Mirrors from THE LOFT (size reduced) and got the exact look i was after.

Bazar link - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/L%20A%20Dreams/47/225/23







Credits: (the major pieces)

Melino (Tara Tagore) - Inlay Bed
AF - Mother of Pearl Inlaid Chest
The Loft - Casolare Mirror White
Atelier Kreslo - Elle Kirshener - Morning Coffee Bench
Trompe Loeil - Curio Table Poplar Endtable Poplar
Trompe Loeil - Wood and Metal
MudHoney - Neve Chair White
Cheeky Pea - Rue Abel Loveseat
BSD  Design Studio - Tree Table Silver
Funky Junk - Plank Xmas Tree White
Scarlet Creative - Ooh La La Side Unit (two)
lame - Mimi's Rug Ironwork
Designer Prims - Elle Crescendo - 14 Rugs in One
Scarlet Creative - Snood rug
Cheeky Pea - Ansel Wall Art Frames
floorplan - Color Block Curtains - re-textured
LISP - Activity Poufz - Pebble 6











No comments:

Post a Comment

Serene Front Porch

  CREDITS: Building:  NOMAD // Spring Mansion Ayla. Rustic Living - Mesh Ceiling Lamp (light grey) Ayla. Rustic Living - Wood Stool Apple Fa...