Monday, July 22, 2013

The Burton Cottage

I purchased the Burton Cottage a couple of years ago.  It is skillfully crafted by Gabrielle Swindlehurst and can be found on the Marketplace.  In the past, I pulled the cottage out of inventory and tinkered with it, but never completely explored its full potential.

Gabrielle was inspired by Sir Richard Burton (the explorer) to create the cottage resembling an African lodge.  I was inspired to use it when I saw an Architectural Digest spread on Richard Branson's own Virgin Island home (which burned down in August, 2011.)

The entire cottage is open to allow the tropical breezes to flow and permit easy access by the guests.  I modified the cottage a bit, adding a large porch and opening up the lanai on both sides.  One opening goes to the bath house by the waterfall, the other opening goes to the boat house.

There are no photos of the bath house, boat house or bedroom as I tore this down due to expiration of the land lease.

With builds like this, there are so many objects that it is hard to give credit to them all.  Please don't hesitate to IM me in-world if you have any questions or need product information.

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting

  CREDITS: {anc} outdoor iron table 3Li (brown) [Cinoe] Scent of Barley - Basket A DRD - Industrial wineholder Ex Machina crate with bottles...